A reminder that the Maple Leaf Community Council is holding an election forum Wednesday night.
That meeting, which in the past has drawn 150 neighbors, is from 7-9 p.m. at Olympic View Elementary School, 504 N.E. 95th St.
Expected are candidates for the state Legislature, including Phyllis G. Kennedy in District 46; U.S. Congressman Jim McDermott and his challenger Bob Jeffers-Schroder; and state Supreme Court Justice Richard B. Sanders and challenger Charlie Wiggins.
Initiatives to be discussed:
- Initiative 1053: State Tax Increases
- Initiative 1082: Privatizing Industrial Insurance
- Initiative 1098: State Income Tax
- Initiative Measures 1100/1105: Concerning liquor (beer, wine and spirits)
- Initiative Measure 1107: Soda and Candy Tax