This reminder from our partners at Queen Anne View:
Seattle Parks and Recreation is closing most of its facilities on Friday, December 24—some for a furlough day, and others for the Christmas holiday. All facilities will be closed on Saturday, December 25, for Christmas.
There will be no childcare at community centers on Friday, December 24 or Friday, December 31. There will be no Late Night programs December 24 – 25 and December 31 – January 1. On Friday, December 31, pools will close at 3 p.m., and community centers will close at 6 p.m.
The upcoming closure is the last of ten unpaid furlough days City of Seattle employees have taken this year to help fill the budget gap. The city says that there will be no furlough closures in 2011.
The following facilities and services will be closed on December 24, 25 and January 1:
- Grounds maintenance
- Community centers
- Swimming pools
- Environmental Learning Centers
- Lifelong Recreation
- Business Service Center
- All Administrative Offices
- Amy Yee Tennis Center
- Special Events Scheduling
The following facilities and services will be closed on Monday, December 27 for the last furlough day:
- Administrative offices (communications, correspondence, Park Board support, web management, public outreach, human resources, finance and administration)
- Planning and Development Division
- Magnuson Park office
- Youth Violence Prevention Initiative office
Public Golf Courses will be closed on Christmas Day only.