Two burglary suspects were arrested Wednesday afternoon after a wild chase near Olympic View Elementary School, police report.
The incident began just before 1 p.m. on March 30 when officers responded to a 911 call of two male suspects prowling the backyard of a house in the 9700 block of Eighth Avenue Northeast, police said.
Officers arrived on scene and set up containment around the home in question. Officers discovered that the rear door of the residence had been kicked in and was open. While a search of the residence for suspects was being conducted another patrol officer in the area noticed two males matching the description of the suspects walking down the street several blocks away.
The officer stopped the two suspects and while waiting for back up to arrive both suspects took off running. Officers engaged in a foot pursuit through the yards of multiple blocks of houses. A large area of containment was established utilizing patrol, traffic, and Community Police Team officers, detectives, and Department of Corrections personnel. Both suspects were eventually captured and placed under arrest.
One suspect, an adult, was booked into the King County jail. The other is a juvenile and was booked into the county’s Youth Service Center.
Police reports also show a continued (relative) dearth of burglaries here.
- A home burglary reported Tuesday, March 29, in the 10500 block of 20th Avenue Northeast.
- A home burglary on Tuesday, March 22, in the 9700 block of 19th Avenue Northeast. There, entry was made through a sliding door next to the kitchen and jewelry and electronics items were stolen.
- Cars were stolen Tuesday, March 29, from the 9000 block and the 5800 block of 17th Avenue Northeast.
- A motorcycle was stolen Friday, March 25, from the 9100 block of Fifth Avenue Northeast.
- A car was stolen Thursday, March 24, from the 8200 block of 15th Avenue Northeast.
- A car was prowled Monday, March 21, in the 500 block of Northeast 77th Street.
- A car was stolen Sunday, March 20, from the 8200 block of 16th Avenue Northeast.
- A car was stolen Friday, March 18, from the 300 block of Northeast Northgate Way.