With the summer solstice just around the corner, 20 Maple Leaf businesses hope to take advantage of the longer days by swinging open their doors for the first-ever Maple Leaf Art Walk, from 6-9 p.m. Friday, May 11.
So far, we have information on the artists and specials at just a few of the participating businesses, but expect more information in the coming days:
Art Tile Co., 8511 Roosevelt Way N.E.
A number of artists will be showing their work and be available to answer questions at Art Tile Co. Participants include:
- Billy Thompson, print art
- Erick Cort Gay, glass artist
- Barb Clark, Agapanther handmade tile
- Paul Lewing, tile artist
Early Masters, 8815 Roosevelt Way N.E.
Bring the kids by during the art walk so they can experience watercolors, charcoal, pencils and photo references of great artworks around the table. Art walkers of all ages are invited to stop by to sketch like Matisse or Picasso and others.
Fine Impressions, 8300 Fifth Ave. N.E.
A number of artists will be available to answer questions throughout the evening (the list may grow, so stay tuned!), including:
- April Richardson, who will be demonstrating monotype and linocut
- Stephen McMillan, who will have aquatint demonstration plates and tools
- Diane Steen, watercolor
- David Harrison, etchings and watercolor
- George Ciardi, photography
Northwest Puppet Center, 9123 15th Ave. N.E.
Stop by to take part in a hands-on workshop that will be open to all ages.