The children’s play area at Maple Leaf Playground is about to get a serious makeover.
Donna Hartmann-Miller, who heads Friends for a Greater Maple Leaf Park, writes on the committee’s Facebook page that construction could take from four to seven months, but that the new play area should be ready for kids to return by next spring.
UPDATE: In an email newsletter (which you can sign up for on the Community Council website), Hartmann-Miller notes a few nearby playgrounds for parents to visit while Maple Leaf Playground is under construction:
- Foula Park — 7200 12th Ave NE, 98115
- Ravenna-Eckstein Park — 6535 Ravenna Ave NE, 98115
- Dahl Playfield — 7700 25th Ave NE, 98115 (also has a skateboard feature)
- Victory Heights Playground — 1737 NE 106th St, 98125
- Victory Creek Park — 1059 NE Northgate Way, 98125 (this is the one behind the QFC parking lot)
- Northgate Park — 10510 5th Ave NE, 98125 (next to the library and community center)
- Licton Spring Park — 9536 Ashworth Ave N, 98103
- Green Lake Park — 9536 Ashworth Ave N, 98103
- Cowen Park — 5849 15th Ave NE, 98105 (this one has a Zip Line, so you can get in some practice and be a Zip Line expert once ours is installed)