Here’s a roundup of recent crime reports from police and neighbors.
- Police report multiple shots were fired and a man killed overnight in the 7500 block of 15th Avenue Northeast.
Preliminary investigation indicates that the suspect pulled up next to the victim in his car and for reasons yet to be determined, fired multiple rounds at the victim, striking him several times. The suspect then fled the scene in his car and remains at large.
The shooting occurred shortly before 7:30 p.m. Neighbor Jesse writes: “Saw the many police cars this evening and wondered what was up.”
Police say the suspect’s vehicle is described as a smaller silver or gray BMW. The suspect himself is described as a white male in his late 20′s to 30′s with dark hair. Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or the Seattle Police Homicide Tip Line at (206) 233-5000. Anonymous tips are welcome.
- Police also report an armed robbery occurred on Aug. 28th, shortly before midnight, in the the 7500 block of Roosevelt Way Northeast. According to a police report, the robber entered a store there, pointed a .45-caliber handgun at the clerk and told her to open the register.
Something digital beeped behind her counter, possibly her clock. (Witness) stated that when the suspect heard the beep he said” that’s not cool” and then fled the store.
Nothing was taken, but officers did not find the robber.
- Megan writes that earlier in August her house on Northeast 88th Street was burglarized while she and her husband were home with the kids.
Opened a back door between 2 and 3 a.m. and took a purse, wallet, iPad, Kindles and sunglasses. Then went for a spending spree in Renton at McDonald’s, a casino, and Ross Dress for Less.
- Penny writes to say packages were stolen off a porch at Roosevelt Way Northeast and Northeast 102nd Street, on Aug. 14th.
- John emails on Aug. 31st that problems continue at the footbridge over Thornton Creek in the Beaver Pond Natural Area. The bridge is at Northeast 104th Street between Fifth and Eighth avenues northeast.
I live on Northeast 104th Street and was about to cross the footbridge at 6:00 p.m. when a young man, perhaps 18 years old, warned me to watch out because he was just cold-cocked by someone on the bridge. No one was on the bridge at the time….
Incidents similar to the August 30 beating are not uncommon…In the minds of local residents the Natural Area, especially around the footbridge, is on occasion a den of thieves. Police are well aware of problems at the footbridge, as are Seattle Parks security, but of course they can’t hang out at the bridge all day waiting for trouble to surface. Weeks or months can go by with only minor problems, and then something bigger happens.
The level of frustration among local residents is high….The Northeast 104th Street footbridge is a place where troublemakers get together. We tell anyone who will listen. I am now telling you. We are looking for a solution.
- Police report a strong-arm attempted robbery on Aug. 21st at a bus stop in the 10500 block of Fifth Avenue Northeast. Around 8:30 p.m. a group of three teen males demanded another teen’s iPod after throwing him to the ground, but didn’t get it, according to a police report. They also asked for oral sex from a female teen at the bus stop, the report states.