News blog for Seattle's Maple Leaf neighborhood

Maple Leaf Life header image 2

Zaina opens in Maple Leaf Village

Posted by Mai Ling on July 15th, 2013

If you drove in the vicinity of Lake City Way and Northeast 80th Street over the weekend, you likely noticed that the new restaurant Zaina, home of the “Greatest Falafel on Earth,” has opened and that it was immediately quite popular in the community.

Neighbor Eric sent us the above photo from Saturday night, telling us:

The place was slammed tonight with a line out the door.

We’ll try to stop by soon to get more information about the falafel and gyro shop, which previously was located in Pioneer Square.

Tags: Uncategorized

9 reader comments so far ↓

• 1 MapleLeafBob // Jul 15, 2013 at 10:19 am

Nice! I really like Zaina and used to go to the one that was buy the downtown Macy’s parking garage.

The best part is now I get to compare and contrast the Gyro’s between Zaina and Gyro Hut……over and over again. It’s going to be quite the battle requiring a large sample size! :)

• 2 Dan (another Dan) // Jul 15, 2013 at 10:55 am

Is Maple Leaf Village the official name of that area? Seems too small to get the village tag. Love having a new gyro place in the neighborhood! More restaurants and bars, love it!

• 3 Grace // Jul 15, 2013 at 11:39 am

Whoo hoo! I used to enjoy Zaina when I worked downtown long ago. So excited!

• 4 Jeffrey Herman // Jul 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’ve been to the Zaina downtown and their falafel and hummus are great. It’s good to see another awesome business in the neighborhood.

• 5 George // Jul 15, 2013 at 2:42 pm

• 6 Lisa // Jul 17, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Dan (another Dan), “Maple Leaf Village” is the name of the strip mall where Zaina opened. Diva Espresso, Subway, Little Caesar’s, Himitsu Teriyaki are also located there.

• 7 Susan // Jul 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Went there on Tuesday. The gyros are pretty good but not as good as Mr. Gyro’s in Greenwood. Haven’t tried Gyro Hut so I’ll have to give them a try. I do like where Zaina’s is located. It makes it very easy to stop there on the way home.

On a side note, any chance of LC Kitchen coming back now the Delta 9 has flown the coop?

• 8 Diana // Jul 22, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Susan, I am so with you! Let’s get LCs back!!!

• 9 Jo // Jul 24, 2013 at 9:18 pm

It’s delicious too! And it was very fast, even with a crowd.